ant-user mailing list archives

From Kurt Mahan <kma...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: including build files the xml way?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:29:06 GMT
Hi --

Here is a simple way to do it without using DTDs:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- DOCTYPE - declare entities for including files                         -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->

<!DOCTYPE project [
    <!ENTITY Defs SYSTEM "file:./defs.xml">
    <!ENTITY Rules SYSTEM "file:./rules.xml">
]>

<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- Ant Boiler Plate                                                       -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->

<project name="Boiler" default="test" basedir=".">

<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- include global defs                                                    -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->

&Defs;

<!-- ====================================================================== -->
<!-- "main" target                                                          -->
<!-- ====================================================================== -->

<target name="main">

    <echo message="Main Target" />

</target>

<!-- "compile" Compile the main source code                                 -->

<target name="compile">
</target>

<!-- include the common rules                                               -->

&Rules;

</project>