ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Cleaves <sclea...@kana.com>
Subject nested subprojects
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:16:30 GMT
Hi,

	I have been using Ant for quite some time, but recently have been
trying to put together a hierarchy which requires the use of nested
subprojects and it isn't working. I'm running under Linux Mandrake 7.1 with
the 1.3 beta refresh JDK. Here is the hierarchy:

	top
	top/build.xml
	top/sub1
	top/sub1/build.xml
	top/sub1/build2.xml
	top/sub2
	top/sub2/build.xml
	top/sub3
	top/sub3/build.xml

top/build.xml uses the ant task to build top/sub1/build.xml,
top/sub2/build.xml, and top/sub3/build.xml in addition to things in its own
directory. Each of the sub* directories are in fact separate projects, and
this works fine. The problem occurs when top/sub1/build.xml tries to use the
ant task to build build2.xml. I get an error that the buildfile cannot be
found. Is this even allowed? I've looked briefly at the code for the ant
taskdef, but haven't looked hard enough to see why this might not work. Has
anyone else tried this with success?

thanks,

stephan

##