ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Bailey <JBai...@digitalboardwalk.com>
Subject questions about <ejbjar> and <java>
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:36:49 GMT
Hi all, I am new to this list and will hopefully be able to contribute in
the future.  I have a couple of quick questions regarding Ant that are
hopefully fairly trivial to answer:

First off, in regards to <ejbjar>. . . I noticed that ejbjar creates the jar
without the addition of a custom PK object.  I was unsure as to whether this
was due to a naming convention (ie ObjectBean.class, ObjectHome.class,
Object.class, ObjectPK.class) or just an unsupported feature.  The
documentation makes mention of support of "vanilla beans" only but it was
not clear as to if PK objects were or were not supported.  Additionally, it
seems that the classpath attribute will not allow a path style element.  For
example, I have

  <path id="ejbc.class.path">
    <pathelement location="${weblogic.home}/classes" />
    <pathelement location="${weblogic.home}/classes/boot" />
    <pathelement path="${base.class.path}" />
  </path>

but when i attempt to do:

  <ejbjar srcdir="${src.dir}">
    <weblogic destdir="${dist.dir}" classpath="${ejbc.classpath}" />
    <include name="**/*-ejb-jar.xml" />
    <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml" />
  </ejbjar>

I get an error unable to find weblogic.ejbc.  If i use a property (with the
full classpath) it works fine.  Also if i just supply the classpath inline,
it also works fine (obviously).  Is this a known issue or am I just not
using ejbjar correctly (I just started using that element recently)

My other question if about <java>.  I would like to perform something
similar to the following:
  java -arga -argb Blah.spam -arg1 -arg2 -arg3

It seems that the <arg> element refers to the -arga and -argb but what
element must i use to specify the -arg1 -arg2 and -arg3 information (the
arguments passed to the java applications itself)?

And if these questions have been answered already, please direct me to the
archives (which i was unable to find) and I will research it from there.

Thanks in advance :)

Jeff Bailey
Developer

   "There was a whole family of Delicious. Golden
    Delicious, Extremely Delicious. Not Very Delicious,
    and Jeff Delicious, who was the bad apple of the family."