ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: local properties
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:25:35 GMT
On 10/30/00 8:23 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:

> I thought basedir would be the one and only exception to the rule that
> parent project's properties are carved into stone. In Ant 1.2
> ${basedir} will always expand to the "current" project's basedir, at
> least it does for me.

Yes -- basedir is a concept that is valid for a particular build tree -- and
not in the parent/child build relationship. It's possible that you should be
able to query the runtime from a task to see if the current project is a
child project and then be able to have access to the parents
tree/properties, but that's a separate thought.

.duncan

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()