ant-user mailing list archives

From Jo...@axis.com.au
Subject Error when compiling
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:38:34 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to get Ant running on WinNT.  With a pretty basic project
template I get an error when I run ant:

    [javac] Compiling 7 source files to
D:\home\work\merrill\dev\jruntest\build
    [javac] -sourcepath is an invalid option or argument.
    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    [javac]
    [javac] where <options> includes:
    [javac] -g             Generate variable debugging info (default: just
line numbers)
    [javac] -g:nodebug     Generate no debugging info
    [javac] -O             Optimize; may hinder debugging and make class
files larger
    [javac] -O:interclass  Optimize assuming class files will always be
together

    [javac] -depend        Recompile out-of-date files recursively
    [javac] -nowarn        Generate no warnings
    [javac] -verbose       Output messages about what the compiler is doing
    [javac] -deprecation   Output source locations where deprecated APIs are
used
    [javac] -classpath <path>     Specify where to find input source and
class files
    [javac] -d <directory>        Specify where to place generated class
files
    [javac] -encoding <encoding>  Specify character encoding used by source
files
    [javac] -J<runtime flag>      Pass argument to the java interpreter

When I type javac at the command prompt I get a different error/help message
that indicates that -sourcepath is a valid option.

This is using the "classic" compiler, and sun-jdk122 (as shipped with Sybase
EAServer 3.6)

I tried using Jikes, but there was some other error (IOException while
opening a pipe with a really long set of arguments)

Can anyone identify what compiler I am stumbling upon?

--
| John J. Lehmann, johnl@axis.com.au
+ To resolve a continent the size of Asia on a planet 10 light years
+ away would need a mirror 10 kilometers across.  "These will be
+ expensive but, let's face it, cheaper than actually going to the
+ stars."