ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Svendsen <...@lyngso-industri.dk>
Subject RE: Building current directory
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:45:49 GMT
Thanks,

I am looking forward to Ant 1.2 :-)

Erik

---
Erik Svendsen
Software Engineer
Lyngsø Industri  A/S
tlf: +45 96 980 980
email: esv@lyngso-industri.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 11:30 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building current directory

 ES> Can anybody help tell me how I should configure my build.xml file
 ES> so I can build files in the current directory.

I'm not sure whether I understand what you want.

I assume you have src/a/b/c/D.java and classes/a/b/c/D.class. You want
to compile all files in src/a/b/c that are newer than their
corresponding .class files in classes/a/b/c/ - but you don't want to
set srcdir to src because the directory scanning takes too long.

Right?

The answer is, you can't, sorry. The best you could get is always
recompiling all files in src/a/b/c by setting the srcdir to this
directory and dest to classes.

The only good news I have to offer is that directory scanning for most
tasks will be a lot faster in Ant 1.2.

Stefan