ant-user mailing list archives

From apull...@webpas.com
Subject Difficulty using jikes with large source tree
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:20:29 GMT
I am using the javac task with jikes (build.compiler="jikes") and I am trying to
build a large source tree (722 files).  When using the javac compiler it works
(build.compiler=classic), but with jikes I get "java.io.IOException:
CreateProcess".  It appears to be related to the fact that jikes is started as a
Win32 process, while javac is run in-process.  Perhaps I overflowing the process
string or win32 environment space?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alan Pulliam
Architect
VCG, Inc.