ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Tilly <JTi...@hoteltools.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:56:12 GMT
In all honesty, it sounds like jmake is just a dumb shell script that runs
javac normally (srcdir, destdir) then copies all non-java files from srcdir
to destdir.  Perl, bat or bash, sounds like maybe 3 lines, maybe 5,
depending on how you find "not .java".

You should be able to port right over to Ant without using Jmake at all.
Assuming your description of jmake is accurate *and* complete.

Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Patti [mailto:cpatti@atg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 4:51 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?

Hi all;

My company is thinking about using Ant for our build system.

We currently use and rely on jmake rather heavily.

All it does is take two directories as arguments, sourcedir and destdir.

It compiles all the java files in sourcedir and places the resultant .class
files, plus any .properties etc files it finds along the way, in destdir.

Is there a task in Ant that does this now?

If not we could probably adapt jmake to be an Ant task fairly easily,
although I'd need to figure out who actually owns the source first :)

Thanks,
-Chris