ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Tilly <JTi...@hoteltools.com>
Subject RE: Call for ideas: multiple EJB targets
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:03:07 GMT
Conor,

The key here is that you seem to have a similar, but very different
arrangement than ours.  It appears *all* of your descriptors are in one
directory, named with the naming convention.  Our directories follow the
naming convention with each directory having ejb-jar.xml,
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml files.  Ejbjar does not
appear ready to traverse directories to build beans.  I can possibly change
my build environment, but I am kind of fond of the bean-per-directory setup,
allowing for other things to be stored there, like documentation, test
classes and a convenient place to actually build the bean.  You are right
about the per-bean build.xml situation though.  It's not pretty and harks
back to Make days...which is why I'm using Ant in the first place.

Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@m64.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 9:25 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Call for ideas: multiple EJB targets

Jesse,

We regularly build multiple EJBs with a single build file using the ejbjar
task. We do use the ejbjar naming convention to name the deployment
descriptors. You probably don't need to have a naming convention for the
bean and PK classes as these are specified in the deployment descriptor. A
naming convention for these is not a bad idea, just not required for
building.

Our setup is similar to your. Code in one tree, descriptors in another. That
is mandatory for us as we deploy the same bean code with different
deployment descriptors.

I would recommend against going to separate build files for each bean.

Let me know if you need more info.

Conor