ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Patti <cpa...@atg.com>
Subject Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:51:16 GMT
Hi all;

My company is thinking about using Ant for our build system.

We currently use and rely on jmake rather heavily.

All it does is take two directories as arguments, sourcedir and destdir.

It compiles all the java files in sourcedir and places the resultant .class
files, plus any .properties etc files it finds along the way, in destdir.

Is there a task in Ant that does this now?

If not we could probably adapt jmake to be an Ant task fairly easily,
although I'd need to figure out who actually owns the source first :)

Thanks,
-Chris