ant-user mailing list archives

From Nils Olav SelÄsdal <...@Utel.no>
Subject RE: Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:25:14 GMT
> Hi all;
>
> My company is thinking about using Ant for our build system.
>
> We currently use and rely on jmake rather heavily.
>
> All it does is take two directories as arguments, sourcedir
> and destdir.
>
> It compiles all the java files in sourcedir and places the
> resultant .class
> files, plus any .properties etc files it finds along the way,
> in destdir.
>
> Is there a task in Ant that does this now?
If this is all what jmake does, i'm pretty sure you'll like ant.
(ofcourse it got this features) and LOTS more..
You can specifie source dir, dest dir, specifie which other files to
copy(.jpg.xml.properties, or whatever). Delete files, run javadoc
run cvs,rename files, replace tokens in files, pack as jar,tar,zip,
etc.,etc...