ant-user mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitBull.com>
Subject RE: Unnecessary compilation
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:11:35 GMT
Conor MacNeill typed the following on 23:41 19/10/00 +1100
 >If you are using ant 1.2rc1, you can try using the -debug flag to ant. It
 >will then tell you why it is decising to recompile a class.

Aha, very useful, thanks.

 >Change this to
 >
 ><javac srcdir="${source}"
 >       includes="com/bitbull/audience/visitor/*.java"
 >
 >and it will work.

Indeed it does, previously it was checking for the target .class file in
the root of the destdir.

 >You may be surprised, however, if the compiler (not ant)
 >decides to compielr other classes in your tree to satisfy class
 >dependencies.

I'll have to watch for that. I'm trying to reduce the dependencies
between packages to a tightly defined set.

Thanks for the help!

Kief

            The Wildest party on the Net is on!
                     http://www.Wild5.com