ant-user mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitBull.com>
Subject Re: Unnecessary compilation
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:16:38 GMT
Stefan Bodewig typed the following on 13:27 19/10/00 +0200

 > KM> I've found that all of my source files are being recompiled by
 > KM> the <javac> target every time,
 >
 >Have you read
 ><http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/act>ion/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/72/question_id/740>?
 >I think you will find your answer there.

Thanks for the reference. I'm not sure it has the answer, though,
it says "To make this work, your classes must reside in a directory
structure matching your package structure and javac's srcdir attribute
must point to it."

My project does meet these requirements, but perhaps Ant is getting confused
by the way I am specifying the files to compile. My javac target is:

<javac srcdir="${source}/com/bitbull/audience/visitor"
                 includes="*.java"
                 destdir="${build}"
                 debug="${debug-flag}"
                 optimize="${opt_flag}">
         <classpath>
                 <pathelement location="${jlib}/classes.zip"/>
                 <pathelement location="${jlib}/storage_if.jar"/>
                 <pathelement location="${jlib}/util.jar"/>
         </classpath>
</javac>

I'm very specifically compiling only the files in a single directory, because
I have subpackages which have different dependencies in their classpath,
and I need to enforce these rigidly. Could this be preventing Ant from
determining the package?

Thanks,
Kief

            The Wildest party on the Net is on!