ant-user mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitBull.com>
Subject Unnecessary compilation
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:12:35 GMT
I've found that all of my source files are being recompiled by the
<javac> target every time, regardless of whether I've changed them.
According to the docs, "Only Java files that have no corresponding
class file or where the class file is older than the java file will be
compiled." However, I check the date on a .class file and the
corresponding .java file and verify the .class is older, then run
build again and the .class file now has a newer timestamp.

Any suggestions? Does this work correctly for other people?
I'm using a relatively recent build of Ant 1.2 (less than a week old),
Sun JDK 1.1.8 on Solaris 7.

Thanks,
Kief

            The Wildest party on the Net is on!