ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter <pe...@imagelock.com>
Subject help! Ant doesn't compile on win2000
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:29:10 GMT
Well, I've spent my entire day trying to get my project built on my win2000
PC.
We don't have any problems building it on Solaris, but with the same
version of ant nothing is happening on my local PC.

I've created a simple 'hello world' java program in my C:\unix\test
directory and put the following build.xml file in there:

<project name="test" default="mytest" basedir=".">
	<target name="mytest" >
	<javac
		srcdir="C:\Unix\test"
		destdir="C:\Unix\test"
		debug="on"
		deprecation="on"
		optimize="on" >
	</javac>
  	</target>
</project>

running ant will give me the following output:

C:\UNIX\test>ant
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\UNIX\test
Executing Target: mytest
Compiling 1 source files to C:\Unix\test
Performing a Modern Compile
Completed in 0 seconds

but no class file to be found on my system. Set all env. variables, even
added tools.jar to my classpath.
Using ant 1.3, jdk 1.3.0

does anybody have any clues?
help much appreciated,

Peter

Peter Hulst
Imagelock, Inc.
peter.hulst@imagelock.com
(415) 616 7275

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.