ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan Smith <dan.sm...@globalone.net>
Subject Re: Building a hierarcical build-file tree?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:11:23 GMT
Hey all,
set
up our project to use multiple build files for the same reason Craig stated,
that we wanted the ability to build sub-projects independently.&nbsp; To
solve the relativity problem, all locational properties are refenced from
a ${project.home} variable which is set in all build.xml files (via the
${user.dir} property).&nbsp; Since properties are immutable, it is set
once within the first build.xml file encountered.&nbsp; Also, all locational
properties are set in a java-style properties file located in ${project.home}/properties/build.properties.
'build.xml' file.&nbsp; Things like 'ant -buildfile src/com/mycompany/myproject/build.xml'
no longer work because I am using java's ${user.dir} property to determine
the location of the build.xml file (and thereby the properties file).
x86), Linux and NT.
Dan
<pre>--&nbsp;
"Sometimes I wish I could be you, just so I could be friends with me."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
-- Agelica Pickles</pre>
&nbsp;</html>