ant-user mailing list archives

From Alfonso Urdaneta <alfo...@malibunetworks.com>
Subject Re: Is the [javac] compiler output prefix really necessary?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:36:00 GMT
Ross Golder wrote:

> In Emacs, when viewing a window of the results of a compilation, if a
> line begins with a filename, a colon, and a line number, and you press
> return in it's vicinity, Emacs will take you to the line of code in
> question. Very nice.
>
> However, when each line of the compiler output is prefixed with (the
> blatently obvious) [javac], this does not work. For the sake of all the
> Emacsers out there like me, can this behaviour please either be removed
> or made to be togglable? It's overhead in my debug cycle, man.
>
> Anyone particularly bothered about it staying? If so, default behaviour
> on or off?
>
> I'll happily supply the patch. Suggests for how it should work welcomed.
> Maybe a new 'javac' attribute (compileroutputprefix='off'). Personally,
> I think just ditch it !

I would prefer having an option that could be given to any task, rather
than just javac.  The reason I say this is because we have a mixed
environment, and use make to build our C code, but the make is called
from within ant.

Consequently, the output of the make commands have "[exec]" in front of
them, which is the same problem.

A suppressprefix="true" option (or something along those lines) for all
Tasks would be better.

Alfonso.

--
Alfonso Urdaneta                           alfonso@malibunetworks.com

"Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas"