ant-user mailing list archives

From Rod McChesney <r...@expressaction.com>
Subject Re: Using editors in conjunction with ant's <javac> output
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:52:50 GMT
> Find this error in: (default AccountServletData.java:21:45:21)

This can happen when the name of the file in the error message is not
fully qualified. So somehow the filename Ant is sending to Jikes does
not include a pathname. For instance, I stuck an error in a file just
now and compiled it. The output includes

Compiling 2 source files to /home/rodm/work/build/gfe/classes
/home/rodm/work/gfe/src/com/expressaction/test/TestRhino.java:11:1:11:1:
Syntax: Unexpected symbol ignored
/home/rodm/work/gfe/src/com/expressaction/util/TypeUtil.java:36:1:36:9:
Syntax: ";" inserted to complete FieldDeclaration

My build.xml is at the top of the tree, and to build it has

 <javac srcdir="${source}"
        destdir="${classes}"
        includes="**/*.java">

By any chance do you have build.xml files in lower-level directories?

Rod McChesney