ant-user mailing list archives

From Ross Golder <ro...@cpd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using editors in conjunction with ant's <javac> output
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:28:53 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>  RG> This is better, but the output now contains
>  RG> 'filename:number:number:number:number' rather than just the
>  RG> ordinary 'filename:number'. This still upsets my poor emacs.
>
> I've always been told that GNU Emacs would know how to handle them
> (and I was the only XEmacs user who had trouble).
>
> My solution that works for both GNU Emacs and XEmacs is to put the
> Lisp from
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/194/question_id/735>
> in my .emacs.
>
> Stefan

Already got that. When I hit return on a line in the compiler error
messages buffer, it prompts me to provide the filename, assuming the
filename from the error plus the first three numbers :

Find this error in: (default AccountServletData.java:21:45:21)

--
Ross

I am professionally trained in computer science, which is to say
(in all seriousness) that I am extremely poorly educated.
		-- Joseph Weizenbaum, "Computer Power and Human Reason"