ant-user mailing list archives

From Ross Golder <ro...@cpd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using editors in conjunction with ant's <javac> output
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:42:18 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 05:55  10/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >I know some people are using the emacs-output capability of jikes
> >(although, since I'm not an emacs person, I'm not entirely sure how
> >they're actually doing that, so if anyone wants to share an example, I'd
> >certainly be interested in seeing it)... but is anyone using ant in
> >conjunction with any other editors, say JBuilder, VCafe, or even 'vi' to
> >do all the on-error-go-to-source-file-at-that-line stuff? Is any of that
> >even doable? (And the logical follow-up question: How? :)
>
> Well I know it is possible in some versions of vi (probably vim). To do it
> you need to specify -emacs on commandline and then place the below property
> somewhere in build file.
>
> <property name="build.compiler.emacs" value="on"/>

This is better, but the output now contains
'filename:number:number:number:number' rather than just the ordinary
'filename:number'. This still upsets my poor emacs.

I assume the four numbers represent start row, start column, end row,
end column for a range that represents the error, for highlighting or
whatever. If I'm right, does anyone know how to get Emacs to handle
this??!

--
Ross