ant-user mailing list archives

From Ross Golder <ro...@cpd.co.uk>
Subject Is the [javac] compiler output prefix really necessary?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:05:28 GMT
In Emacs, when viewing a window of the results of a compilation, if a
line begins with a filename, a colon, and a line number, and you press
return in it's vicinity, Emacs will take you to the line of code in
question. Very nice.

However, when each line of the compiler output is prefixed with (the
blatently obvious) [javac], this does not work. For the sake of all the
Emacsers out there like me, can this behaviour please either be removed
or made to be togglable? It's overhead in my debug cycle, man.

Anyone particularly bothered about it staying? If so, default behaviour
on or off?

I'll happily supply the patch. Suggests for how it should work welcomed.
Maybe a new 'javac' attribute (compileroutputprefix='off'). Personally,
I think just ditch it !

--
Ross

November, n.: