ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@locus.apache.org>
Subject RE: unable to delete file
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 02:13:03 GMT
At 04:02  19/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Senthil -
>
>I ran into that too myself not 3 hours ago. I came to the conclusion that
it depends upon how the dependencies has been set up i.e. if the file is in
use by another task when the delete task gets executed it could be a
problem. I noticed most of the clean up examples place that as the main
entry point with a whole string f dependencies.

kinda - it is a "feature" of windows OS. If there is a filedescriptor open
that still points to jar then it can be deleted. Which means somewhere in
ant we are not closing a stream ....

Cheers,

Pete