ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: Ant gui tool
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:05:55 GMT
At 09:35  12/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>It'd be nice if we could all just get along with our licensing.  It's far too
>difficult to figure out which one is best for you code without studying
all of
>the licenses for many months.

That implies people want to get along. GNU does not want to get along - it
would much prefer to taint everybody with their license. The other groups
(X/BSD/Apache/Perl/Mozilla) can all cooperate but the GNU team specifically
positioned themselves so that people can only "cooperate" on their terms.
Many people who "choose" GPL  do so because everyone else is and don't
really understand the consequences. As a consequence so many people are
doing it illegally ;(

Cheers,

Pete