ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject RE: Ant gui tool
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:46:08 GMT
At 09:11  12/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Yes, huge problems. We couldn't ship it with Ant and you'd violate the
>>GPL if you shipped Ant with your stuff.
>
>Then how can jBoss (which is GPL) use the Tomcat server which is APL?

Illegallly. What they are doing is illegal. Every developer that
contributes to that project is potentially able to be put behind bars. In
my country (Australia) they can quite easily be put behind bars for 10
years and I assume the same in US. They are currently revising licensing
terms I believe.

Cheers,

Pete