ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: jikes dependencies and ant
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:52:44 GMT
At 07:38  4/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>> <javac src="somedir" dest="someotherdir" depend-dir="dep-dir" .... />
>
>This would work.  When running jikes with +M, by default it creates files .u
>files in the same directory as the source files where the .u files have one
>dependancy per line in standard Makefile format.  You should be able to do
>this with only a call to jikes and then a special parser for dependancies for
>ant.  If you want some help, let me know and I can make some time.

Well I don't have a lot of time at the moment and my main aim of doing it
was for c/c++ based programs so it may take a while to get here. So if you
want to do it go ahead. I though it would be better to use some of java
dependency creators rather than rely on ant that way normal javac users
could also benefit (and they are the people who most benefit anyway).

Cheers,

Pete