ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: jikes dependencies and ant
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 00:00:18 GMT
At 08:40  2/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>jikes +M generates the correct makefile dependancies for me.  Now is there a
>way to hook this into ant's depends option on a compile task?

Not as such but I been thinking about a way to do it as I have been
considering adding in c/c++ tasks recently. Would something like the
following work for you ..

<javac src="somedir" dest="someotherdir" depend-dir="dep-dir" .... />

In src dir you would see

somedir/com/biz/MyClass.java
somedir/com/biz/MyClass2.java
somedir/com/biz/MyClass3.java

In output dir you would get

someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass.class
someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass2.class
someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass3.class

Now in depend-dir you would see

dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass.dep
dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass2.dep
dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass3.dep

Of course the depend-dir would only be used in cases that it is useful and
could be turned off by a magic property.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Pete