ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: Multiple Conditionals
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2000 09:00:15 GMT
At 01:20  1/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there any way to implement more complex conditionals rather than a single
>property value?  For example, I need to check multiple dependencies before
>compiling.  I was wondering if there was a way to set a target's if/unless
>to be
>
><target name="compile" if="(property_A && property_B) || property_C">

unfortunately no - there is no way to do this atm. But what you may want to
check out doing is to use the script task and a bit of
javascript/jpython/<whatever scripting language you like> to detect this
and set another variable. Then get compile target to use this variable.

>Also in the <available> task, is it possible to check for entire packages
>rather than a specific classname?

Nope - and nor do I think there should be. How do you determine if an
"entire package" is present? or more basically What is an "entire package" ?

Cheers,

Pete