ant-user mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: general JRun build file
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:09:01 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	<excerpt from Brian's email>

>  As a sidenote, two things I'd love to see to help this:
> a <failon> task that takes in a property and fails if it isn't defined,
> and
> the iterative wildcard idea that was mentioned in a discussion on ejbc a
> few
> days ago.

	[Kitching Simon]
	Me too!

	Actually, I'd like to see:
	<assert-property name="property.name" constraint="some_regexp" />
	so that not only could the property's existence be checked, but
	optionally it could be checked for sanity, eg must look like
"jdbc:.*"

	I'll have a go at this myself if someone doesn't beat me to it, but
	I won't have time to tackle it for quite a while.