ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lutz Epperlein" <epperl...@opix.de>
Subject Re: Dependency Checker for JAR Files
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:49:01 GMT
> >I'm wondering whether there is a dependency chekcer for jar files

> However Conor just checked in some code (in
> src/java/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend IIRC) that
> would greatly aid such an endeavor. It already creates dependency
> information

Thats nice. I need dependencies for building jars too.

As a makeshift you can use the -verbose output of the jikes
compiler. You have to adapt the Javac class of Ant to write this
output in a separate file. Then use a modified replace task (this
task works with regexps with help of the Regexp subproject of
jakarta) to filter all unnecessary information and you got a list of
files which may be the content of the jar.

That's a hack that I use at the moment. A special depend task like
above mentioned would be much better. I will look for it (at first I
have to check if my build process will work with Ant 1.2 and my
modified classes, maybe it is better to base of the last builds of
Ant).

Lutz E.

--
Lutz Epperlein, Software Developer