ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: questions about <ejbjar> and <java>
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:57:27 GMT
--- Jeff Bailey <JBailey@digitalboardwalk.com> wrote:
> My other question if about <java>.  I would like to perform something
> similar to the following:
>   java -arga -argb Blah.spam -arg1 -arg2 -arg3
>
> It seems that the <arg> element refers to the -arga and -argb but what
> element must i use to specify the -arg1 -arg2 and -arg3 information (the
> arguments passed to the java applications itself)?

<jvmarg> is for args passed before the classname; <arg> is for args passed
after the classname:

<java ...>
  <jvmarg value="-arga"/>
  <arg value="-arg1"/>
</java>

There's also the new <sysproperty> that lets you pass properties to the
class without needing the java process to be forked, the way you do with
<jvmarg>.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)