ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to supplement javac compile dependencies?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:28:12 GMT
--- Scott M Stark <Scott_Stark@displayscape.com> wrote:
> If you build into a tree separate from the source tree and remove the
> build tree [...]

Actually, I'd recommend you only delete *.class in the build-tree rather
than the whole tree itself, if you have lots of support files that are
copied into it (which I do, so that's what I do).

> Say you create such a smartinclude task [...]

Wouldn't anything like that end up taking longer than just a full
recompile? (I thought that's what the case against it was.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)