ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to supplement javac compile dependencies?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:23:06 GMT
There are a couple of options...

If you know you've changed something that would require dependent files be
recompiled (eg., changed an interface), you can do a "clean" then a
"compile", which will just recompile everything.

If you only have a few files you need this done for, you might try using
the <uptodate> task, which allows you to associate a dependency between a
"target" file and "source" files.

The problem with using the dependency-checking mechanisms of the Java
compilers themselves is, as I now understand it, you can't only hand off
to the compiler the big kahuna that changed and expect the compiler to go
find all the little fishes that depend on it.

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)