ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Redirecting stdout
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:58:41 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:

>  mL> How would I redirect stdout and stderr to a file without
>  mL> redirecting ant's stdout and stderr?
>
> This is currently not supported for the <java> task.

If you have access to the source for the java class you're running, you
can do what I did for this sort of case, which is to modify the source to
allow for an output file to be specified rather than only plopping its
output to stdout, so you can pass it something like -Doutfile=outfile.txt
or -o outfile.txt (depending on how you decide to do it).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)