ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Difficulty using jikes with large source tree
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:31:48 GMT
--- apulliam@webpas.com wrote:
> I am using the javac task with jikes (build.compiler="jikes") and I am
> trying to
> build a large source tree (722 files).  When using the javac compiler it
> works
> (build.compiler=classic), but with jikes I get "java.io.IOException:
> CreateProcess".

Verify you have jikes.exe in your PATH.

Also note: If you are running Ant itself with a JVM less than 1.2+, you
will likely get a DOS window popping up for the compile (don't think it
hurts anything -- it's just dang goofy.)

P.S. 722 files sounds pretty small to me. :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)