ant-user mailing list archives

From Senthil Supramaniam <ssupraman...@inxight.com>
Subject DOCTYPE and relative file URI's
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:52:26 GMT

Our workspace looks something like this

makefiles/ project.dtd /subproject-1 /subproject-2

Let's say we have a top level build.xml in makefiles and sub project
build.xmls in each of the subproject-* directories. The DOCTYPE's in these
build.xml files use relative URI's to get to the project.dtd file. If I call
the subproject build.xml using <ant> from the top-level build.xml with the
dir attribute to <ant>, ant fails since it still uses the top level "current
directory" to resolve the project.dtd URI for the subprojects.

It seems that DOCTYPE resolution should be made with the subproject location
as the current directory. If that's not the case, relative file URI's for
the dtd will not work.

Thanks,
-Senthil.