ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ventimiglia, David" <David.Ventimig...@msdw.com>
Subject RE: EjbJar
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:27:46 GMT
Good point.  That would explain why, when I tried it at work where we have
T3 connection, fast DNS, etc., I get no performance penalty, but when I try
it at home on my slow computer with slow DSL connection, it hurts.  I'm
running a version from July, but I just downloaded the latest build and will
see if that eliminates the need to set the proxy properties.  I suspect it
will.  Thanks!

Cheers,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Smith [mailto:dan.smith@globalone.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 9:15 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: EjbJar

I had the problem with the DTD referring to http://java.sun.com/...etc
<http://java.sun.com/...etc> , but the latest release fixed that.  According
to Conor, he modified the task so it would check all resources (i.e. jar and
zip files) for the DTD.  Once I got the latest, it stopped checking
java.sun.com.  My version is 'Ant version 1.2rc1 compiled on October 16
2000' (found via 'ant -version').

I haven't noticed the performance issue, but if it is going out to
java.sun.com, then that may be the problem.  If you execute it manually,
i.e. java weblogic.ejbc files..., it doesn't bother with the DTD at sun.  It
uses its internal one packaged with Weblogic.

Dan

--

"Sometimes I wish I could be you, just so I could be friends with me."

                -- Agelica Pickles