ant-user mailing list archives

From Arun Katkere <>
Subject RE: Javadoc excludes
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:30:41 GMT
We use <copydir> which takes both includes and excludes to copy selected
source files to a scratch dir and we run <javadoc> in that scratch
directory. If you keep the scratch dir around (except with a "clean"
atrget), this is not very expensive since<copydir> is intelligent enough to
copy only changed files.
An admittedly ugly solution. Does anyone know of a better one?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Smith []
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 7:14 AM
To: ant
Subject: Javadoc excludes

I just setup our project to use ant and was wondering if there was a way to
'exclude' files from javadoc compilation.  We are using junit for testing
and would like to exclude our test classes (i.e. **/test/*.java).
Unfortunatly, the 'excludes' tag doesn't exist for javadoc.  Any

"Sometimes I wish I could be you, just so I could be friends with me."

                -- Agelica Pickles

View raw message