ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dan MacKay" <dan.mac...@KINGSTON.HUMMINGBIRD.COM>
Subject Javac
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:43:14 GMT
Hi all,

Is it possible to have javac not compile a whole tree. I have to control the
the order of compilation. My directory structure is as follows:

root directory:
               file1.java
               file2.java

               sub_dir1:
                        many files *.java

               sub_dir2:
                        many files *.java

               sub_dir3:
                        many files *.java

I have to compile and stage these files at different points through the
build process. I have to start at the root and compile the two files there
to the exclusion of the rest of the files in the resident sub-directories.
My initial niave attempt was as follows:

  <target name="compile"  depends="getSource" >
  <!-- Build the root -->
    <echo message="Building the root"/>
    <javac optimize="${optimize}"
           srcdir="${srcDir}\com\hcl\dal\"
           destdir="${outDir}"
           classpath="${cdkDir}\lib/nova.jar;${outDir}"
           debug="${debug}"/>
  <!target>

This blithly motors along and compiles the whole shebang, sub-directories
included and eventually fails in the sub_dir1 build when it cannot find
dependancies for resources have not been found because they have not been
staged yet. Could someone give me an example of the includes/exclude
directives that would be necessary to ensure that only file1.java and
file2.java are compiled?

Thanks

Dan