ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <AGerh...@E-SyncNet.Com>
Subject RE: questions about <ejbjar> and <java>
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:03:41 GMT
Diane -

You need to set forked on otherwise <jvmargs> will be ignored - v1.1 anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt []
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: questions about <ejbjar> and <java>

--- Jeff Bailey <> wrote:
> My other question if about <java>.  I would like to perform something
> similar to the following:
>   java -arga -argb Blah.spam -arg1 -arg2 -arg3
> It seems that the <arg> element refers to the -arga and -argb but what
> element must i use to specify the -arg1 -arg2 and -arg3 information (the
> arguments passed to the java applications itself)?

<jvmarg> is for args passed before the classname; <arg> is for args passed
after the classname:

<java ...>
  <jvmarg value="-arga"/>
  <arg value="-arg1"/>

There's also the new <sysproperty> that lets you pass properties to the
class without needing the java process to be forked, the way you do with

Do You Yahoo!?