ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <AGerh...@E-SyncNet.Com>
Subject RE: questions about <ejbjar> and <java>
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:28:39 GMT
Oh, okay -
try
  <java classname="Blah.spam"
        args="-file=test.txt"
        fork="yes"
        jvmargs="-arg1 -arg2 -arg3"
  />

(from the docs)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bailey [mailto:JBailey@digitalboardwalk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 2:08 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: questions about <ejbjar> and <java>

It appears that I only run into the problem when using the nested <arg>
element.  When I use arg as an attribute of <java> everything work correctly
but when I try to nest the arguments is where I run into problems.

For example, if I have:
  <java class="Blah.spam" args="-file=test.txt" />
then it is executing as expected:  java Blah.spam -file=test.txt (as it
would look on the command line).  When I have nested elements such as:
  <java class=Blah.spam">
    <arg value="-file=test.txt" />
  </java>
then it appears as ant is attempting to execute: java Blah.spam
"-file=test.txt" (as it would look on the command line).  The extra quotes
seem to be in error.

Any else notice this potential bug?

-jeff