ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Building optional.jar from Latest Ant Sources
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:24:47 GMT
Holger,

You will find that many of the tasks in the optional tree are actually
included in the binary download. These are tasks which do not have a
direct dependency on outside thrid party classes. EJBJar, for example,
will be there because it invokes the EJB deployment tools through a Java
task. Alternatively some optional tasks just require a 1.2 or later VM.

If you downloaded the source version, then building it will be
sufficient to include the optional tasks, which can be built (according
to the contents of your classpath), in your ant. jar.

However, I think we should change the current build so that ant builds
two jars: ant.jar and optional.jar. I guess we haven't done this to date
because we are expecting to change the whole way that tasks are packaged
anyway.

Conor