ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Unnecessary compilation
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:41:01 GMT
Kief,

If you are using ant 1.2rc1, you can try using the -debug flag to ant. It
will then tell you why it is decising to recompile a class.
> My project does meet these requirements, but perhaps Ant is
> getting confused
> by the way I am specifying the files to compile. My javac target is:
>
> <javac srcdir="${source}/com/bitbull/audience/visitor"
>                  includes="*.java"
>                  destdir="${build}"
>                  debug="${debug-flag}"
>                  optimize="${opt_flag}">
>          <classpath>
>                  <pathelement location="${jlib}/classes.zip"/>
>                  <pathelement location="${jlib}/storage_if.jar"/>
>                  <pathelement location="${jlib}/util.jar"/>
>          </classpath>
> </javac>

Change this to

<javac srcdir="${source}"
       includes="com/bitbull/audience/visitor/*.java"

and it will work. You may be surprised, however, if the compiler (not ant)
decides to compielr other classes in your tree to satisfy class
dependencies.

Conor