ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: limitation on number of files?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:49:16 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Armstrong, Robert" <Robert.Armstrong@Winwin.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 6:24 PM
Subject: limitation on number of files?

> Is there any kind of limitation on the total number of files that can be
> compiled together in either Ant or with Javac? I was using Ant with no
> problems until I hit about 700 files being compiled in one run and
suddenly
> there are tons of problems where it can find some of my packages, in
> particular ones that alphabetically come at the end of the list. Has
anyone
> else experienced this kind of problem?

Which compiler are you using? Which JDK Version? Which OS? Which version of
Ant?

There could be a problem if you use an "external compiler" such as jikes and
you are using Ant 1.1 (or have a very long classpath) which comes from
limitations in the command-line length. This problem should no longer exist
in Ant 1.2 iff it is an external compiler.

Nico