ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: Anyone used jvc successfully?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:47:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Day" <jason@grooveport.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 5:16 PM
Subject: Anyone used jvc successfully?

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone been able to use jvc as their compiler within ant?  I can get
it
> to work using the exec task, of course, but when I try setting the
> build.compiler property to jvc and compile with the javac task I get reams
> of error messages like:
>   c:\ant\lib\ant.jar(55,21) : error J0029: Invalid character

I use it quite intensively (and I have included support for jvc itno
javac) - I have never seen a Message like this...

Can you post the part of your build.xml which executes the compiler and the
output of invoking jvc (or just the version number it indicates)?

> Can anybody help me out?  Or, alternatively, is there a way I can extract
> the com.ms classes so that I don't have to use jvc?

What part of the com.ms-Classes are you using? Generally you could extract
them from the PackageManager using "clspack -auto" which will create a file
%windir%\java\classes\classes.zip but you may get problems when you try to
use non-MS-Compilers to compile MS-specific Source.

Nico