ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: problems with deltree and delete tasks
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:13:52 GMT

 CN> I'm using the 1.1 distribution (compiled on July 18 2000) the
 CN> task that changes the classpath is:

[...] <javac>

Ant doesn't use a custom classloader here itself, but Sun's javac
(which is called inside the same VM as Ant) seems to use one that
doesn't close the JARs after it has finished its work.

I cannot come up with a workaround for this problem (apart from
Pete's suggestion to use jikes). Maybe we need a fork attribute to run
javac in a separate VM in exactly this situation?

Stefan