ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Copying and renaming
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:50:51 GMT

 AI> I feel a wildcard rename/copy would be very useful. I could go
 AI> ahead and write a task for it.

 AI> Any suggestions ?

Yes: First switch to current Ant instead of Ant 1.1 if you want to
contribute tasks - just to ensure it fits with some architectural
changes.

Second join the ant-dev list.

Third wait for Glenn McAllister to commit the new copy and move tasks
(together with a modified delete task). We are going to replace
copyfile/copydir with a single copy task and do the same for
delete/deltree. Rename is going to be called move because this is
closer to what it does.

Whatever you have in mind will probably benefit from extending the
copy or move task.

Stefan