ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Ant Property Madness??
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:43:25 GMT

 DH> After some playing around with the buildfile, we figured out that
 DH> everything works fine if we place all targets using properties
 DH> after the init target. Did we miss something obvious?

This is the way Ant 1.1 works and I'm a little bit puzzled as to why
it should have been different in earlier versions. Which version has
this been - i.e. can you remember when and where you've obtained it?

The behavior of <property> and ${} expansion has been changed in CVS
very recently, your old build files would probably work as expected
with 1.2alpha2 but I wouldn't recommend using it in a production
environment yet.

Stefan