ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: A problem with my Ant build file (Task "java")
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 07:23:31 GMT

 CF> when I use my build.xml, my files get compiled and are placed in
 CF> the right directory, but the target "run" doesn't work.

 CF> <java classname="Test" classpath="${class_path}" args="test 1 2"/>

You don't say what exactly happens (and what doesn't work). My guess
is that the <java> task doesn't use the classpath you've provided.

In Ant 1.1 you will need to specify fork="yes" and run the <java> task
in a different VM to make it use your classpath (a warning should have
been generated BTW). Current CVS will use your classpath even in the
same VM by means of a separate class loader.

Stefan