ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: java arg
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:45:49 GMT

 AR> I just realized that i had to break up the argument list into one
 AR> line per token.  kind of annoying.

No, you could use <arg line="..." /> to make Ant tokenize it for
you. The value attribute comes in very handy if you need to specify
attributes that contain spaces.

 AR> anyways, i was wondering if there was any way to get ant to
 AR> continue building even if a class does not reutn properly.

You're thinking of a "make -k" look alike, right? This has been
discussed and chances are that a command line switch to support this
will be there.

 AR> right now, it just drops out without saying a word.

Oops. which task is that? At least some kind of informative error
message should have been provided.

Or do you mean you are invoking (with fork="no") that calls
System.exit() with the <java> task. If so, set fork="yes". Maybe Ant
will use a SecurityManager of its own to prevent other classes from
calling System.exit in the future, but currently forking is all you
can do.

Stefan