ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: File dependencies?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 06:30:46 GMT

 BS> Based on the amount of time it takes to compile, I don't think
 BS> this check is happening.

Ant will tell you how many files it is going to compile. If it still
says compiling 106 files in your second run your setup is not like Ant
expects it to be.

Given <javac srcdir="src" destdir="dest" /> if Ant finds a file
src/a/b/C.java it expects it to be in package a.b so that the
resulting .class file is going to be dest/a/b/C.class. If your setup
is different Ant's heuristic won't work (we don't want to open every
source file to see which package it belongs to) and it will recompile
classes that are up to date.

HTH

Stefan